Security standards employed by us—and what you can do to stay safe online
The Maybank Group is highly committed to ensuring that all transactions performed through our online financial service are secure, safe and confidential. For this purpose, we enforce privacy protection control systems designed to ensure the highest security standards and confidentiality.
- Username and Password
- Information Protection
- Data Confidentiality and Data Integrity
- System Security and Monitoring
- Computer Virus Protection
- Updating Your Browser
- Security Tips
Username and Password
To prevent unauthorised access to our online financial services, every customer is required to select a username and an alphanumeric password, which provides access to their financial information. The username must be between 6 to 16 characters and the alphanumeric password between 8 to 12 characters. The password must include both alphabets and numbers but you may also use special characters (e.g. & * $) except spaces.
The username and alphanumeric password are case sensitive. For example, if your password is "fuNNySAD2B" and you key in "fuNNySAD2b", you will not be able to login (the "b" must be uppercase).
- Do not choose a password that others can easily guess.
- Do not use simple words, your name, birth date, telephone number or names listed in a standard dictionary.
- Memorise your password and do not write it down.
- Passwords or PINs should be used when accessing an online account to protect your personal information.
- Sharing your password or PIN with another person is the same as giving that individual authority to use your name in a transaction. It should not be disclosed even if requested by an authorised Maybank Group Officer.
- Change your password frequently.
For the first three months, every IDR 200,000 deposited into your account will entitle you to 2,000 TreatsPoints. Early birds who open a savings account within the first month of its launch will be rewarded Double TreatsPoints.